File a Claim and More

Claims Resources

Note: Existing Claims and Help

If you are an injured employee seeking the advice of a nurse, or you are an employer seeking to file a claim for an employee, please call (844) 326-2918.

If you are inquiring about the status of an existing claim, please visit our general contact page to reach out to a Care West claim team supervisor for assistance.

Submit a Claim

Find a Pharmacy or Physician

CorVel’s provider network is designed to help Care West’s injured employees to recover quickly and return to work.

Use the Provider Lookup

Claim Filing Help

What forms are required to file a claim?

For Employees:

Injured employees need to complete the following forms:

If you do not want to pursue a workers’ compensation claim, complete the Declination of Workers’ Compensation Benefits form.

For Employers:

An employer needs to complete the following forms for an injured employee:

All forms should be emailed to, faxed to (866) 774-1846, or mailed to P.O. Box 277550, Sacramento, CA 95827.

I got injured at work. What should I do?

If you are severely injured, please visit your local hospital, urgent care, or known Point of Entry Clinic (POE). To speak to a nurse that can help address your injury please call (844) 326-2918.

I have an injured employee. What should I do?

Employers should report the claim to, or call (844) 326-2918, provide the injured employee with a DWC-1 Claim Form, advise the injured worker of the POE Clinic, and complete the Supervisor’s Accident Report.

What is 24/7 Nurse Telehealth?

At the time of an incident, employees can call and speak with a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, who will evaluate the nature of the incident or injury and determine the employee’s immediate medical needs. To contact Telehealth, please call the Telehealth hotline at (844) 326-2918.

I need help completing a claims form.

We are here to help. Call us at (916) 605-5202 or (916) 605-3860 and we can help you walk through the process.

How do I find a doctor?

Visit our Medical Provider Network (MPN) to find a doctor specialized with your type of work related injury.

Can I go to any pharmacy to fill a prescription?

Yes. There is a pharmacy ID card for you to provide to your pharmacy to ensure billing is done accurately. You can access your pharmacy ID card here or by calling Telehealth (844) 326-2918.

Who do I contact for a claims update?

You can visit our general contact page that provides direct claims support contacts, or you can email us at

What can I expect after a claim is filed?

The ultimate goal is to get you healthy, well, and back to work. After submitting a claim, an adjuster will be assigned to your case. Once we receive all of the required documents, Care West’s Claims Unit will set up a claim and assign to a Claims Examiner who will contact you with claim information.

Where can I find more information about medical care?

If you have a work related injury or illness and need more information about medical care, you can refer to the Work-Related Injury or Illness – Claim Overview document.